Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Go Green.

You know how some people can't function or even speak in complete and relevant sentences until they have their morning coffee?  Yeah, I'm that way with protein shakes.  If I don't have a protein shake in the morning, I'm a crazy person. Lately, I've been incorporating greens for the added nutritional benefits so I thought I'd share my current favorite recipe (Yes, I made it up and it doesn't have a name).

Ingredients:
  • 4 to 6 ice cubes (add more after blending to get the desired consistency)
  • 1 1/2 cup of liquid (water, milk, almond milk) 
  • Handful of raw kale (rinsed and torn into 1 to 2 inch pieces)
  • Handful of raw spinach (rinsed)
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/4 c frozen berries (I prefer blueberries or strawberries)
  • 2 scoops (or 1 serving) of Vanilla protein powder 
  • Splash of Orange Juice

Instructions:

Blend ice cubes, liquid, kale, and spinach on a medium speed, blending until smooth.  Once mixed, add banana, berries, and protein powder and blend until smooth. Add a splash of orange juice and lightly stir with a spoon.   Add a straw and enjoy!!







Feel free to sub the fruits for anything else in your pantry, fridge, or freezer.  I use pineapple sometimes, or throw in an apple. And don't let the color throw you off, you can't taste the kale or spinach!


No comments:

Post a Comment